Finger licking good!
This marinade is great for all types of meat! As a flavour base for stir-fries or noodle dishes. I use this marinade for my personal favourite; sticky and sweet roast chicken wings and drumsticks!
Ingredients: to marinade 500g-800g chicken wings and/or drumsticks ( you can use any parts of the chicken you want, wings and drumsticks are my favourites).
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed and finely minced
- 4 Tbsp of honey
- 4 Tbsp of Oyster sauce (optional)
- 2 Tbsp of fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp of brown sugar ( best to use the powder kind)
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce, enough to cover all the chicken pieces
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
Methods: Pre-heat oven to 160°C
- Place the chicken in a large bowel or zip lock bag.
- Add all of the above ingredients in with the chicken, mixed and massaged the marinade into the meat of the chicken
- Optional: Let the chicken marinade for 30mins – 1hour in the fridge or if you are in a rush you can cook them straight away.
- Place the chicken pieces (keep the leftover juices!) on a baking tray and bake for 25mins. Basting the pieces with the leftover juices 15mins in and at the end. Turn your broil on high and let chicken grill for a further 5-7mins. ENJOY!
Top Tip: Glaze the chicken over with some extra honey and a squeeze of lemon before serving. Prepare for some sticky fingers!
This recipe can be vegan and vegetarian-Friendly
Extra Top Tip: For my vegan and vegetarian friends! Swap out the chicken for tofu or a whole head of cauliflower, and the honey for maple syrup! As well as taking out the oyster sauce. This works amazingly!